The waters of infidelity are muddy, to say the least, because the term cheating means something different from person to person and relationship to relationship. However, renowned psychologists and relationship counsellors have developed a snapshot of adultery in today’s landscape by compiling some in-depth statistics:
- According to the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, approximately 40% of people in relationships believe that others are cheating on their partners, while only 5% are under the impression that their partners are crossing the line.
- Contrary to popular belief, individuals that are financially dependent upon their partners are 20% more likely to stray into unfaithful habits.
- Men and women have different responses to flirtations beyond their relationships. Men will become increasingly envious and less tolerant after they flirt with an attractive person, while women will actually be more understanding and open-minded after a conversational fling with another individual.
- People are more likely to engage in an extramarital affair right before reaching a landmark birthday, such as the age of 40 or 50.
If you’ve built a life with an individual and feel as though there’s something fishy going on, you have to follow your instincts and stay true to your heart. Of course, there’s the off chance that you might simply be paranoid or unreasonably suspicious, but you should never turn a blind eye to the sanctity of your relationship.
The Warning Signs of a Cheating Partner
Rather than putting your own self-respect on the line by snooping and meddling, you should keep a keen eye out for the following behaviours and activities:
- Strangely protective mannerisms and cryptic sayings when speaking on the phone
- All of a sudden, every smart device and account is kept under a secure password or PIN
- Unprecedented control over documents, bills, credit card statements, and other paperwork that provides personal insight
- Prolonged irritability, petulance, and a general sense of cold distance
- Weird work schedules that somehow always take the person away during the night time and for longer intervals
- Establishing alternative email accounts, deleting phone and text history, and consistently failing to return calls and messages
If you observe any of these signs, it’s in your best interest to contact a private investigator in Brisbane to help you obtain some peace of mind.
What Can a Private Investigator Do For Me? Do I Really Need One?
If you partner with cheating spouse investigator, you’ll gain access to a cost-effective, comprehensive resource to help you maintain control over your life:
- Specialised detection strategies and tactics approved by the government, which enable you to attain hard evidence of unfaithfulness
- Highly trained detectives and examiners
- Ultra-responsive GPS trackers, voice recognition recorders, and imperceptible CCTV cameras
- Smartphone and computer monitoring programs
- Voice activated and censor activated spy equipment that is guaranteed to work flawlessly
You won’t have to spend a fortune, and you won’t have to worry about being overly invasive. Your professional investigator will handle all of the covert fact-finding on your behalf.